I offer two options for individual coaching:
Accent reduction can help you speak English more clearly and sound more like a native English speaker. My accent reduction program includes extensive initial and final evaluations and personalized instruction sessions to teach you how to use the American English accent while at work, at home, or in social environments. This program can benefit speakers who have a foreign accent as well as native English speakers with regional accents.
Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
Learn how to project a clear voice and fluent speech in the most stressful of settings. Public speaking and presentation skills training can teach you the techniques to improve the strength, quality, and clarity of your voice so that you can lead a conversation with confidence. My course provides benefits in all social and professional situations, including interview skills, work presentations and conference calls, and social interactions with friends and family.
"Working with Julie was awesome! She helped customize the syllabus as per the feedback from my initial performance review which helped me focus on my weak areas such as understanding intonation, consonants, and American English pronunciation. The course gave me a jump start on becoming a better story teller." — Sunit, Electrical Engineer
Who is Accent Reduction For?
Accent reduction can benefit those who feel like their ability to fully express themselves is limited by their spoken communication. Clients commonly report that other people have a difficult time understanding them, and they are frequently asked to repeat themselves. This can be very frustrating — but accent reduction training can help! The goal of the training isn't to lose your accent or your identity, but rather to learn a new accent, which is something that will be an additional skill to have in your communication toolbox.
Accent Reduction Course Details
Classes can be one-on-one private sessions or small group classes (2-6 people) and can be offered in a variety of formats:
- 16-week program: Clients meet once a week for coaching sessions with each session lasting an hour. During the first session, clients complete a formal speech assessment, then meet for 14 instruction sessions. During the final week, clients complete a re-assessment to measure progress and determine areas of future study. Typical areas targeted during this program include: English pronunciation of consonants and vowels; syllable stress; prosody and word/phrase stress; speaking rate; intonation; and conversational English.
- 8-week program: This program is similar to the 16-week program, but it is designed for clients with fewer speech and communication needs.
- 1- to 3-day Bootcamp: This program offers intensive training for individuals with limited time or those within the group/corporate setting.
Who is Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Training For?
Speaking in front of others can be a nerve-wracking experience, whether you're speaking in front of two people or twenty people. Public speaking and presentation skills training can benefit anyone who wants to train their voice to sound more authoritative and confident when they speak.
A person’s voice is closely tied to his or her identity, and because of this, voice training can be highly personal and emotional. This may be especially true if you have experienced the frustration of having another person interrupt you or talk over you in a group meeting, or maybe no one in the group appeared to be listening to you when you spoke. Professional voice users, like actors, broadcasters, and teachers, may also benefit from voice training to learn how to boost their vocal skills and develop lifelong healthy voice habits.
Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Course Details
My public speaking and presentation skills course is designed to teach you how to use a voice that captures attention and keeps your listeners focused on you and what you’re saying. This course will teach clients how to:
- Speak clearly and confidently with a voice that sounds dynamic and professional
- Use more natural speech rhythm, voice inflection, and cadence
- Properly care for the voice and use efficient voicing techniques that won’t harm the voice
The format of this course depends on the specific needs of the client and can range from a single 2-hour session up to a 4-6 week class.
Contact me for more information on how corporate communication training works and what your next step should be.
Please note: The services provided by San Diego Voice and Accent are not clinical, and thus, clients do not receive any type of speech-language diagnosis or participate in any speech-language therapy.